Monday, December 29, 2008

31 weeks

Photobucket

Hello. I am HUGE.

Holy cow, really. I feel like I've doubled in size in the past 2 weeks. This is the week that I've really started to feel the weight I'm carrying around as well. I've gained about 15 lbs at this point, and it's all pulling on my lower back, which leaves me feeling pretty great by the end of the day. I notice that I'm taking really deep breaths all the time, as if I'm short of breath, and I think that's due to her putting the crunch on my lungs. Also, the days of sitting up nice and straight seem like they're long gone for me. I seem to only be comfortable when I'm leaning back, stretching that tummy out as much as possible.

Christmas was this past week, and it was great, but really, really tiring. We spent Christmas Eve with my in-laws, then Christmas morning at home to ourselves, Christmas afternoon with my parents in, then down to Miami for our annual family Christmas reunion. I'm not sure how we can keep this pace next year with a 10 mo. old. At the same time, everyone will want to see her, and it's the only time each year that all of my extended family comes together. It seems like it might be worth the sacrifice of our sanity for the day.

Photobucket

On another note, I think I'm battling a possible cold. It's going back and forth right now - sometimes it's winning and sometimes I seem to be coming out on top. I've got the classic scratchy throat thing happening, and with only 8 1/2 weeks of this pregnancy left to go (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!??), I'm just praying (begging) that I can stay healthy.

We've got a couple of doctor's appts. this week, including our next ultrasound! I'm so excited. Our last u/s was at 20 weeks, so I can't even begin to imagine how different she'll be at 32! My doctor said we'll have one more after this around week 36 to check her size and weight going into that last little stretch. Time is just flying by at this point.

Much more to come next week, I'm sure :)

No comments: