Thursday, December 11, 2008

28 weeks

Photobucket

This has been a busy week for both me and Leta. She's growing by leaps and bounds at this point, and all of that growth is absolutely draining me of energy. I'm so sluggish (welcome back first trimester), I can't even begin to explain. My tummy's getting bigger and bigger at this point too, and she moves constantly. It now feels like massage rollers from the inside out and I can feel distinct little baby parts. It's pretty cool.

I had the infamous glucose test this week. I had to fast for 12 hours and then drink this orange flavored drink, which really wasn't too bad. I was expecting it to be much worse than it turned out to be. I had 4 viles of blood drawn and I get my results tomorrow, supposedly. The doctor checked Leta out and said she seems to be head down already. Hopefully he's right. She's still got lots of time to move if she needs to, but I'd rather have one less thing to worry about. Her heart is healthy and strong and she's measuring just right. I've managed to gain some weight this past month as well, so he was really happy about that. I've put on 13 lbs total so far, and I'm pretty happy with the slow and steady weight gain. People can finally tell that I'm pregnant now, which has made me feel a bit better. I don't feel like I look like a stumpy fat girl walking around anymore.

TJ and I have our childbirth class on Saturday, which should be interesting. I've been reading my breast feeding book in the meantime, trying to prepare for what that will entail. I'm definitely game, and I hope it goes well. The invitations for the baby shower have gone out, so I'm told :) My lovely lady friends have been fast at work planning everything and I'm pretty excited to see what they've come up with. Soon soon!

3 comments:

Virginia said...

Awww... Baby shower fun! and 13 lbs - HA! I had that beat weeks ago :) hehe! at 20 weeks I was up 16..it's harder for us older moms..HAHA! oyevey.. you look great Shan.. can't wait to see you!

ShannonO.P said...

You're so ridiculous - yes, you old old mom you! Shocking you can still get around you old lady! lol ;)

I can't wait to see you either! soon soon! We can sit and rub our belly's next to each other!

Deb said...

Still looking fabulous! It sounds like everything is well, which is wonderful ;) I LOVE the mustached entry!! Miss you and baby!