Wednesday, July 23, 2008

8 wks

Photobucket



This past week my best friend was in town visiting from Rhode Island. Normally, this would mean long nights of talking and drinking good red wine, while munching on yummy cheeses and other little decadent treats. Needless to say, this visit was a bit different. Fortunately, she was very accommodating to my new lifestyle restrictions, and with her insane work schedule back at home, was more than happy to indulge in afternoon naps and early bedtimes. :)

Having been feeling pretty good lately, aside from some fatigue issues, I was thrilled to plan a special girl's dinner at my favorite South Beach restaurant with my Rhode Island friend and another good girlfriend who was in for the weekend. We threw caution to the wind (a.k.a. our wallets) and indulged in cocktails (non-alc for me of course), appetizers, entree`s, and a spectacularly fabulous dessert! Then I promptly went home and threw it all up. Yeah. No joke. Just out of the blue, violently sick. I'm guessing I need to stick to more of my usual, everyday diet right now. I will say that this pregnancy keeps me guessing.

3 comments:

Deb said...

1)You still are looking great for being preggers!! I hope I'm half as lucky!
2) I heart you and new baby (already)! I'll remind baby of the day he/she made you throw up your very good and expensive meal. He/She owes you one...so they'll be saving their allowance for awhile.

Ben Bubar said...

AHHH! That stinks! I hope you really enjoyed it going down and that it wasn't painful coming up :)
love to you both!

ShannonO.P said...

Thanks both of you!

Deb - I'm glad someone will be able to hold baby accountable for such aggressive acts! :) You're very hearted by both of us as well :)

Ben - yeahhhh, it sucked. But I live another day! Love and miss you guys too!