Thursday, January 22, 2009

34 weeks

Week 34, in retrospect...

34 wks

Let's see, what exciting things happened this week? As mentioned, we had our maternity pictures taken by Sarah - check all of them out over at her Brighthouse Photography Blog. We love them, and I think they will be a wonderful keepsake to mark the last few weeks while we were waiting for this little one to arrive. I got all of the baby shower gifts put away in the little miss's room and bought a diaper bag (ie. great yellow, leather handbag from Aldo that should do the job!). The crib came in and we got it all set up with the bedding, although, I need to strip it all and wash it - along with everything else in her room. I ordered her stroller and that should be here within the next week or so. We set up the pack-n-play in our bedroom, which we'll be using as a bassinet. That was pretty crazy, really. Suddenly the reality of the two of us becoming three shot into focus. I actually feel like if she came right now, we'd be able to get through the first couple of weeks for sure. That's a pretty good feeling.

I'm going from doctor's appointments every two weeks (which had been a progression from once a month) to every week starting with my next appointment. This prospect is pretty exciting to me as I think the "once a week's" will make the end of this go really quickly. I've started making lists of what we need to pack in the hospital bag and what we have left over to do before she gets here. While some people feel the urge to clean (nest), I'm feeling the pull to organize! There is still so much left to do, but then again, I'm not sure you're ever fully prepared. You just acclimate and accommodate as the need arises, I suppose.

Leta's getting big these days, weighing in over 5 lbs now. They say she has very little room to move around and that I might notice a decrease in her movements and activities accordingly, but, really, they've stayed the same. Either she's not as big as they're saying she is or she's just really strong and determined! I'm still getting the waterbed belly effect and she's getting into pretty consistent patterns of activity and non-activity. As far as I go, I was told that my iron was on the low side, and am now taking iron supplements to thwart anemia. Hopefully this won't jack up my system, as iron is infamous for. I've been downing dried prunes in hopes of keeping everything at a nice level of normal :) I thought the low iron could be why I've been so ridiculously tired lately, but after taking the supplements for a week now, I think I'm just really tired. She's taking a lot out of me, with all that growing and getting cute. My back is still bothering me off and on - the whole sciatic issue, but it's not everyday. More than anything, I wish I could just sleep away everyday, all day.

No comments: