Monday, November 10, 2008

24 weeks

24 wks

24 wks

Mommy and Leta are on their way to the gym to get their work-out on! :) (Please excuse the super messy bedroom behind me! I need to take that more into consideration before taking these pictures! ha!)

I'm mid-way through week 24 and feeling pretty good. A couple of new "pregnancy unpleasantries" that have popped up this week include leaky boobs - expected, but unexpected at the same time and kinda gross honestly, and hemorrhoids, which are awesome. I've had a relatively easy pregnancy, but I'm not thrilled that out of everything, this is the thing that I'm getting to experience. Let's just say, in the list of "unpleasantries", this is extremely unpleasant. I mistakingly thought this was something that happened only after birth. BE WARNED. This is not true. It can happen to you. Incidentally, there's nothing you can do to prevent this, but whatever.

So, I committed to being open about all of this here, more to keep an accurate record for myself than anything, as this is my only "journal" of this pregnancy that I'm keeping. Accordingly, sorry if all of this is more than you ever wanted to know about me and my body systems. I'm just keepin' it real. :)

Aside from the previously mentioned "snags" I'm doing well this week and Miss Leta continues to get bigger and bigger and stronger and stronger. It seems that Leta's starting to respond to TJ's voice, which he's thrilled about. We don't know this for sure, it could just be a coincidence, but our books were saying that she can actually hear his voice better than mine, as she hears deeper voices and sounds more clearly. Twice now (last night and this morning) she's started kicking whenever he starts talking to her. It's pretty cool, and he was definitely feeling more connected to her than ever.

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Yeah!! I feel like your post is directed at me :) I've taken note.. it can happen to me.. soon.. sucks!

I'm not really interested in your "messy room", frankly I'm more interested in that pole that seems to be in there?? really Shan? That I didn't know about you!

ShannonO.P said...

ahahahahaha!! Yeahhhh, that was TJ's one request with the new house....

ha! it's the frame of our mirrored closet doors ;)

beware of the bad side effects, but feeling that little one move all around makes it all worth it!

Virginia said...

ahh, thanks for clearing that up.. I wasn't sure if my respect for you should go up or not.. it was confusing for me :)

ShannonO.P said...

so, has the respect level come down now knowing that it's not a pole?? I do other daring things - I swear!

lol