Thursday, October 16, 2008

19- 20wks...Half-way There!!!

We've been moving into our new house over the past 2 (almost 3 wks??) now, and I've fallen behind in my weekly updating. We closed on Sept 25, and since we don't have a renter for the condo yet, we were able to stay there while we made improvements to the new place. I'm so excited to have a new, larger space for Leta to come into. It's got a big back yard that we're already envisioning swing-sets and slip-n-slide's, and we're on a cul-de-sac, which will be awesome for playtime in the front yard. Also the "A-rated" elementary school is in our neighborhood and within walking distance. We're now finally living in the house, with just a few more boxes and a bunch of cleaning to go, so normal life is slowly returning.

In the past two weeks, Leta's been cranking! We went for another ultrasound at the beginning of the month and found that she was right on target - 11oz and about 10 1/2 inches long. Her heart and other essential organs look great, as well. She was upside down the entire u/s and had her head buried down low on the right side. She seems to favor this position as my stomach is lop-sided half of the time. Leta's been sitting so low that it was often extrememly uncomfortable - to the point where sometimes it would hurt to lift my legs. In the past two weeks this has subsided a bit as I think everything's come up a bit. It doesn't look it in the pictures, but it feels a thousand times better.

By this week, her kicks and punches have become really strong, where TJ can easily feel them on a regular basis, and I've noticed that she has certain times of day that she really gets going. This is kind of the fun part. Each night around 10:30 we get about 1/2 hr to 45 min of Leta kicking time. TJ and I kind of sprawl out on the couch and he gets a chance to leave his hand on my belly and catch up with his girl.

I'm feeling pretty darn good, although I still get tired more easily. I keep thinking I need to enjoy this time of small belly and energy, cause it can't last forever! I'm still trying to get to the gym and feeling good there as well. I had gained 7 lbs at our last appointment overall (not bad for being 1/2 way there) and I think I'm up to about 9 now. My only goal is to keep it slow and steady and mainly baby. God knows I don't need more butt and thighs! Ok.... so....

Are you ready for the MASSIVE changes my little belly is undergoing?? I thought little Leta was making herself known in week 18 - then came week 19...

19 wks

19 wks

Then, HOLY COW, came week 20 - the big 5 mo / half-way mark, and boom....

20 wks

I'm thinking there's no way that people can't know I'm pregnant now, but I've been surprised that only one person has noticed and said something. Can it be that I just look like I've gained THAT much weight?? Oh geez.

Hopefully, my updates will return to their regularly scheduled weekly time, for my "record-keeping" sake if anything. All in all, the Poole family is doing very well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! How wonderful to feel her kicking around. She's practing her surf paddle ;)A and I are both truly amazed at how much your belly has grown since we last saw you! And NO, you don't just look fat...you look like you're having a baby!!

Virginia said...

Yeah! You finally look like I do and I am what, 5 weeks behind you! :) I have gained 7lbs already and it is most definitely in the butt/thighs - eekkk! You look great Shan, can't wait to see you at Christmas!

ShannonO.P said...

V - you're ridiculous! You have the tiniest little baby bump and look fantastic! - I do know the feeling of having all the weight go in your butt and thighs, though! I'm pretty sure the same thing's happening here!

D - I know - nuts, right? It really felt like it happened overnight!