Monday, September 15, 2008

16 weeks

16 wks

Ok, so honestly, I think I'm actually starting to show a bit - really! No, really! :) At least, TJ and I can see a difference. I've got a little beer gut called Leta :) My bladder must be directly under my uterus, because in the morning, before I've had the chance to go to the bathroom, my belly really pops out. We can clearly feel the top and sides of my uterus, and that's pretty cool. It basically goes away as soon as I go to the bathroom, but it's neat to feel even for a bit.

I'm still waiting to be able to feel the baby move. According to all the books, etc, it should be anytime now. I sometimes think I feel the "flutter" or "bubbles" that they talk about, but then I usually second guess whether or not it was just my stomach or something else. I'm pretty sure that I'm probably starting to feel Leta moving around, but I guess you can't know for sure until it's a little bit stronger. I know TJ can't wait until he can feel something. Just a few more weeks!

I've put on 4 lbs, which I think is on target for being 4 mo. along. Tt's still hard to watch the numbers go up on the scale. I'm trying to consistently get to the gym, and I feel pretty good when I'm there. Other than that, I'm currently enjoying the beginning of allergy season! I had a horrible weekend with allergies (we were in Orlando and something there just attacked my sinuses), and I now have the start of a sinus infection. I contacted my OB today and was told that I can take plain sudafed, so at least it's something. I was supposed to have sinus surgery in July, but then with finding out I was pregnant, that's on hold for awhile, along with my allergy shots and everything else we were doing to combat this problem. It could be a long allergy season :(

And finally this week, we've broken down and allowed ourselves to start buying some little things (mainly clothes) here and there for Leta. We ventured into Baby Gap (which I've been trying to avoid due to its cuteness!) and I got her the most adorable blue sundress - because girls can wear blue too!!!!! - and a pair of little soft shorts with pink,white, blue and green fish all over them. Flipping adorable. We're trying to restrain ourselves, but we've picked up a few other things too. I just can't help myself. :)

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Ok, you're too cute! I guess I can kind of see something of a little pooch on that flat as a board tummy! I need to take a photo of myself at the end of the day - you will crack up - no lie, I look 5 months preggers. seriously. I'm a little freaked out and eating WAY to much.. Egg & Cheese Biscuit anyone?

ShannonO.P said...

haha! Yes, you'll have to send me one! Oh, and eggs and cheese are protein! not so bad!! You're so petite that any new little thing is bound to show a bit faster :) But, really, I know how you feel...