Friday, August 22, 2008

Catching up... weeks 12 & 13

13 wks
13 wks

12 wks
12 wks

So, above are my past two weeks, rounding out the last of my first trimester. I think I look F.A.T. in the 12 week picture, but that may be due to a few extra cookies and some tummy issues I had that week, more than anything! I am starting to notice a significant (to me) difference in my waist-size. I'm still wearing all of my clothes comfortably, but have got a little baby bump brewing. Seeing that the baby will be growing in high gear in the next weeks to come, I'm thinking we'll have a pop before too long!

Baby was treated to its first concert last night. Smashing Pumpkins were in town, and TJ and I were both super excited to see them for the first time (better late than never)! Once the show started, I did start to worry a bit. I know the baby can't really hear anything outside of the womb right now, but it was extremely loud, and of course, there was all the (various types of) smoke. I was struggling between trying to keep the belly covered (ear muffs!) and keeping my nose covered. As silly as it seems, I also don't really have the stamina that I would normally have, and after 3 hours of standing (1 before the show started and 2 of the show itself), I had to go over to the side of the amphitheater and drink some water and sit down. It might be awhile before I go to another outdoor show :)

I am feeling much better these days. I'm starting to get my appetite back, but in the same token, I also have strong cravings for and against things on a nearly daily basis, making food decisions difficult. Things could be worse, of course, so no real complaints. I've been a bit of a slacker with the gym lately and am feeling the bug to get back to it. Still figuring out my pace on a daily basis, but I'm more excited than ever about this little one.

No comments: