Sunday, August 17, 2008

11 wks.

11 wks

So, thanks to a busy work week and my obsession with the Olympics, I'm just now adding the 11 weeks update, and I'm about 1/2 through week 12. Week 11 was really uneventful from a physical standpoint. I'm not really dealing with any nausea anymore, relating to eating or not eating, and I've had not necessarily more energy, as much as not so much fatigue. The downside of this upside is that I forget to take care of myself the way I should. The nausea, although extremely unpleasant, reminded me to take time out and eat small snacks throughout the day. The fatigue reminded me to take it a bit easier. I'm feeling good, so I'll get really involved with what I'm doing, turn around, and realize that it's been 6 hours since I last ate, and oh - maybe that's why I'm suddenly dizzy. Or, I'll do a bit too much lifting or general hustling and bustling at work outside in the heat, and dehydrate the heck out of myself. I'm still adjusting to my new limitations to say the least.

I'm also adjusting to some of the emotional end of all of this. As we don't have any other kids, this is a pretty drastic change for me. I would say for both of us, but that wouldn't be true, yet. My life has been turned upside down since the very moment I found out I was pregnant. TJ's not really looking at any major changes till the little one gets here. It is sometimes a frustrating feeling to get the sense that I'm carrying all of the responsibility right now. That I have to change my eating habits, drinking habits, where I go, how long I stay, what activities I get to do and not do - even down to how many times I have to get up at night to go to the bathroom! I keep thinking that maybe when I look pregnant I'll also feel pregnant, and some of these other feelings will fade.

In other news, we had our monthly check-up this week, and have come to realize that those are almost boring. It's almost like a "thumbs up! you're still pregnant!" and that's it. We did get to hear the baby's heartbeat again, and that was really great. We have our first prenatal screening visit coming up this next week, which is a bit nerve racking. Basically this test is the first of two which will let us know if there looks like there could be any major problems with the little sprout. I'm just focusing on the fact that I get a sonogram out of this visit, which I'm incredibly excited about! Hopefully I'll have our baby's first picture to post in the next few days!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Still look wonderful! Can't wait to see baby pics ;) We miss you guys!