Monday, November 23, 2009

and she's off!

It's just after 9 at night. The baby's been in bed for an hour, the ice cream's already been scooped and eaten, and I should be sitting down to some computer work. However, I thought I'd check in here and honor my promise to try to update on a more regular basis. The week's been a little nutty. I'm working more and more as Leta gets older, which is great, but it also means less time for me and TJ, less time for errands and housework, and pretty much no personal time. Ahhh, the sweet rhythm of my new life... ;)

Photobucket

As far as things go that are wonderful and easy and impossible to truly complain about - it's all about the Leta-bug. Somehow, she's 9 mo old tomorrow. I'm finding it hard to explain where the time has gone and to wrap my mind around the fact that in 3 months, I'll have a one-year-old. In the meantime, Leta's busy being a rambunctious 9 mo old. She's still doing her "army crawl" and trying her hardest to walk. Lately she's been walking circles and circles around the coffee table, adventurously lunging from one piece of furniture to the next and cruising around in her walker. She's got a mouthful of new teeth and her hair's finally long enough for me to put little rubber bands in the top. She laughs easily, eats everything and just seems to genuinely enjoy all the newness and excitement of life. As you can tell, I'm still completely smitten.

Photobucket

I'm really excited for the Holidays this year, with Leta in the picture. Not because I can't wait to buy her gifts and dress her up, etc. More along the lines of I'm kind of excited to see what the Holidays are like as a proper little family. I've done the corny things that now just feel cozy and bring a smile to my face - like order personalized Christmas stockings.... I just can't wait to start little traditions that will become part of what Christmas is to Leta as she grows up.

Photobucket

I'm sure any checking in I'll be able to do will be light with the aforementioned Holidays looming, but I will be back! :)

Photobucket

No comments: